Sunday 22 May 2011

My First Charity Walk

Wooo! Did my first ever charity walk today :) It was only a small walk, but the fact I actually did it the big deal!

It was a fun walk from Carrigaline - Crosshaven  along the walkway. It was 5 miles, so that's about 8km. I didn't know if I'd be able for it, as the most I've ever walked was 5km in an hour and that was on a treadmill. So I aimed to cover 8km in about one hour and forty minutes....and I did it! Woo! Delighted..I even qued up with all the kids to get my certificate. haha! Cheesy I know! But hey..who knows...this time next year I could be doing the mini marathon ha ha!

The poor dog is wrecked! He didn't know what the hell was going on he's not used to 800 people joining him on his walk! The girls writing the certs even gave pool ole Charlie a cert. Bless! He's starting to get a bit stiff in the ole joints. He's only seven but he's been walked a lot from day one. So maybe its time to start easing up on his walks. Normally if you say "walkies" he'll knock you down to get to the door...after today I don't think he wants to ever walk again! Not even a tail wag out of him!

I'm actually totally chuffed that I did the walk! My fitness wasn't even an issues...the only thing that got to me was walking on the hard tarmac...that stuff is lethal. Even the regular experienced walkers were complaining about it. Its just a horrible surface to walk on in general! So had a good day out...out in the fresh air, away from the TV and Laptop. Got some exercise in, earned 9pp! Which I enjoyed in the form of Malibu and Diet Coke with my dinner :P haha!

I use my activity points instead of using my weeklies. So I didn't mind spending all the points I earned on a few drinks this evening! These days I'm doing ALOT of exercise, so a couple of drinks with dinner once in a blue moon isn't going to undo my hard work!

For the week coming I'm hoping to earn about 36 Activity points from weights and cardio So that's only 10pp short of a full weekly allowance. This way works for me! And if I need my real "weeklies" they are there.

Off to a charity hairdressing night Wednesday...hopefully learn how to do ghd curls...although be handy if owned a ghd first i suppose! Doing lots, keeping busy...and away from the kitchen this week! Woo!

Chow 4 Now! x o x